Headway Educational Packet
• What is a Concussion?
• What are common symptoms?
• Why is removal from play important?
• What is Second Impact Syndrome?
• What is Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS)?
• What are factors that could contribute to PCS?
- Ocular-Motor Dysfunction
- The Emotional Element
• Are there ways to prevent concussions?
• For Coaches and Trainers
• For Parents
• Recovery Tips
Concussion Education is education reimagined for today's generation. See what it's like to experience a concussion during a football game and learn the latest information about the prevention, identification, and treatment of concussions.
Brain Fly Through
World mountain biking champion, Kate Courtney, takes the viewer on a journey through the human brain. Using dramatic race footage coupled with her own personal concussion experience, this fly-through emphasizes the complexity and fragility of the human brain.
- Thinking Outside The Brain: The Neck and Concussion
- The Eye-Brain Connection: Vision and Concussion
- Omega 3s and Concussion
- After the Hit: The Cognitive and Emotional Effects of Concussion
- Neck Strength for Concussion Prevention
- Using Personal Patient Experience as a Chiropractic Neurologist
Thinking Outside The Brain: The Neck and Concussion
Dr. Terry Moore focusses on the relationship between concussions and corresponding whiplash injuries.
The Eye-Brain Connection: Vision and Concussion
Dr. Bryce Appelbaum, a neuro-optometrist who specializes in vision therapy for concussion recovery, discusses how vision can be impacted after concussion.
Omega 3s and Concussion
Dr. Michael Lewis focuses on the use of Omega 3s for concussion prevention and recovery
After the Hit: The Cognitive and Emotional Effects of Concussion
Dr. Mark Herceg, a neuropsychologist, has a great discussion on the cognitive and emotional effects of concussion.
Neck Strength for Concussion Prevention
Mark Asanovich is a fourteen-year National Football League (NFL) veteran Strength & Conditioning Coach who discusses neck strength and the potential for concussion prevention.
Using Personal Patient Experience as a Chiropractic Neurologist
Dr. Christa Hubbard shares how her extensive experience as an athlete and patient allows her to be a better clinician. Formerly a UVM Alpine Ski Racer, she is familiar with concussions from the athlete, patient, and clinical perspectives which makes for a stimulating conversation.